Saturday, July 18, 2015

Finally arrived in Delhi




Americans are required to get a visa prior to entering India. I applied for an "e-visa" last month; paid the fee and got my papers in about two days.  This was the first time I had gotten a visa "e-visa".  Most countries let Amercans travel without a pre-arranged visa but when they don't, it's usually a more complicated process that requires mailing in your passport and takes several weeks. This e-visa was very easy so I was a bit concerned that I might run into a problem.  Indeed, I did. When the agents at each of the airports couldn't find a visa stamped in my passport, I had to show them my papers and convince them that my passport would be stamped when I arrived at the Delhi airport. I had to wait several minutes at the gate in Abu Dhabi while the plane was boarding and I waited for an airport authority to approve my departure. But, I'm here now and my passport is stamped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment